Do I Need To Warm Up Before Playing Bass Guitar?
Warming-up on the bass guitar is important before a practice sessions or gig. It ensures that your muscles are in good shape before a workout on the bass.
This is how to warm-up:
- Spent 5 minutes stretching your neck, shoulder, arms and hands
- Start slowly using right hand plucking exercises
- Then move onto chromatic exercises that focus on left hand dexterity
- After that use warm up exercises that focus on particular technical challenges that you will be using in your practice session or gig.
- Start exercises slowly, then gradually increase the tempo as you get more warmed-up.
If you want exercises to help you warm-up then check out ‘Warm Up Exercises For Bass Players’. This book has over 70 exercises, free audio examples and a Pdf Practice Planner.